Come home to quiet, tree-lined streets, grassy parks, and historic downtowns. Bergen County’s laid-back, family-friendly communities will charm you the moment you set foot here.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
Located just 25 miles from Manhattan, the county is composed of 70 municipalities. It’s also the most populous county in New Jersey, which is not surprising considering its diverse housing stock and highly regarded public school system.
It’s everything you could want and more. Enjoy peace and privacy without being too far from New York City and everything it has to offer. Live in a spacious home that feels right for you and your family.
Real estate in Bergen County
Bergen County is one of the hottest real estate markets in New Jersey, and for good reason. Located less than 30 minutes away from Manhattan, residents can easily hop a train or drive to the Big Apple for work or play.
Some of the most desirable towns in NJ can be found here, including Ridgewood, Wyckoff, Saddle River, Glen Rock, and Ho-Ho-Kus. Most towns are pedestrian-friendly, making them ideal for families with small children.
The housing market is quite varied, consisting of single-family homes, townhomes, and condos. Vacant land is also available.
Popular architectural styles include colonial, prairie, shingle, and neo-traditional.
Luxury homes can have as many as eight bedrooms, including spacious master suites. Plush amenities like state-of-the-art gyms, gourmet kitchens, wine cellars, walk-out basements, and in-ground pools are par for the course.
Many of the most coveted homes either offer sunset views or are conveniently located close to transportation options.
Grab the rare opportunity to own a home in this scenic county. Call Haus Agency at 201-636-2537.
Attractions and activities in Bergen County
- Van Saun County Park – The county park is home to several family-friendly attractions, including the Bergen County Zoo, the Washington Spring Garden, and the Splash Pad. Enjoy fun rides like the Millennium Carousel, check out the animal exhibits at the zoo, and let the kids frolic at the wading pool.
- Bergen Equestrian Center –Take riding lessons at the equestrian center, where you’ll find well-maintained training and boarding facilities. With knowledgeable and patient instructors, you’re bound to have a great time with the kids.
- The Palisades –Explore the great outdoors at the Palisades. Go hiking and admire views of the Hudson River from the steep cliffs.
- Campgaw Mountain Ski Resort –Spend the afternoon skiing, snowboarding, and tubing down the slopes of Campgaw Mountain. You’ll also find a disc golf course on the site.
- Hiram Blauvelt Art Museum – Explore the galleries at this museum, which showcases animal paintings and sculptures. It’s a great way to learn about the natural world. Previous exhibitors include Kathleen Partridge and Paul Rhymer.
- The Outlets at Bergen Town Center – Shop the latest fashion trends at the Outlets, where you’ll find stores like Century 21 and Ulta. Grab a quick bite at Odoba Mexican Grill or Bobby’s Burger Place. Get some much deserved pampering at Massage Envy.
For more attractions, visit the Bergen County website.